Sunday, February 13, 2011

Random Random Random 2.0

If you don't write about it, you will forget, said "me" 3 weeks ago. Of course, I forgot to write about it, so now I'm writing about other stuff I don't want to forget. In no particular order, here goes.

Ian was showering by himself for the first time. He turned on the water, pulled the curtain, etc. all by himself. I thought it would be a good idea to check on him, so I went in the bathroom and asked "hey little man, how you doing". Reply: "awesome!". Me: "did you wash your hair?". Reply: "yes sir!". Me: "you washing yourself?" Reply: "yes sir. I am the master of washing myself!"

Speaking of showers, Desi's tiny little body seems to take an extraordinary amount of time to clean. I'm quite sure that she is spending all of her time washing her hair, conditioning the previously mentioned hair, and soaping up...no playing at all, right? Well, except that time I went to check on her (after 20 minutes) and she is sitting in the middle of the shower, trying to stick her hair straight up, and singing. We now have a new rule: after 15 minutes, we go in and turn the water to ice cold. Amazing...she finishes in 15 minutes now.

Riley's texts make me laugh. Yes, there are the shortcuts that I find funny (if I can figure them out)...LOL <3. Another haha thing was when she texted me from the Monster Jam truck show...something like "hi dad, I am at the monster truck show." I was sitting one seat away from her, at the monster truck show.

Other Ian comedy moment. I went to pick him up after school. I asked what every parent asks..."So, how was your day?". Instead of the usual, "good" (which I have discovered is the only answer you will get without asking follow up questions), Ian said "Dad, I don't think you will be impressed".

And the final item on this round of random involves Parker. He is now 8 weeks old, 13 pounds, size 2 diaper, drools, loves the Lone Ranger theme, is gassier than any baby in the history of babies, is a sock Houdini (he can escape from a sock faster than you can say "escape from a sock", and only pees on Mommy.

Until next time, buh bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment