Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Accessorizing

Wearing the adorable "I love my Mommy" onesie and the exquisite "Drool happens" bib with lovely pieces of mushy bananas, here is the chubby and sweet young boy, Parker Jameson Schmidt. That is baby red carpet talk.

Parker's steps into the big boy eating world has created opportunities for him to accessorize his outfits (and face) with peas, avocados, and bananas. It's cute and messy. Sometimes I think that he should just stick with mommy's milk, to avoid the lengthy clean up process. I know that he has to eat real food at some point, but maybe we should wait until he has mastered the use of a napkin first. Unfortunately, napkins are food to him and he just tries to eat those anytime they are near his mouth. We have enough problems with the mushed up stuff now...so I can't imagine the problems we'll have with sloppy joes or ribs.

Random pieces of food aren't just accents for his outfits, they are also for mine. I went to the store the other day and realized on aisle 4, that I had a giant spot of baby oatmeal on my shirt. Cleaning myself, or my clothing, on a grocery aisle is not something I've tried before in a Publix bathroom and my first attempt only made the spot into a much bigger spot. I always have a change of clothes in the diaper bag, but perhaps it is time to pack extra Daddy garments too, just in case I overlooked a stealth food attack on my garments. At the checkout, I got the once over from the cashier who immediately spotted the large stain on my shirt. Taking the Desi Schmidt approach of not taking responsibility, I quickly denied my personal hygiene accountability and put the blame on Parker. Hey, it was HIS food debris, not mine...I was just an innocent bystander!

If I remember correctly from Riley's ventures in eating people food, things will get worse before they get better. Wish us luck as we plunge into the land of orange and purple foods. Note to self, buy more orange and purple shirts so they can mask the same colored cuisine.

Until next time, buh bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment